Product development and co-development of silicone parts
Technical support with product design and feasibility
Your design is important to us
We provide precisely the level of support you require
No matter whether you
- approach us with a drawing of or a rough idea for your component;
- simply require support with the choice of material or only have details on the function of your component;
- have already worked with silicone or not.
We work with you to find a solution, providing technical support with product design and regarding the feasibility of your silicone and multi-component parts.
Full or co-development
If required, we can provide end-to-end assistance, starting with the initial idea, but we are also happy to work as a co-developer or development partner for individual aspects of the design. Close collaboration with our customers, suppliers and other in-house departments allows RICO’s R&D unit to fall back on a comprehensive materials and knowledge database .
Our customers benefit from our employees’ decades of experience , collected in the course of the numerous projects successfully implemented since 1994, as well as the continuous improvement of our mold concepts and production processes.
Our production development services
Wide-ranging materials expertise
- In-house materials lab
- Support with the selection of suitable materials for both 1K and 2K molding
- Mechanical characterization of materials
- Reverse engineering of unfamiliar but suitable material combinations
Optimization and analysis
- Component validation for compliance with a range of different standards and guidelines
- Analysis to determine the causes of component failure
- Optimizing part geometry in terms of function and production: evaluation of technical feasibility and efficiency in the production process; support with tolerance setting and production in accordance with blueprints
Experiments and tests
- Jointly coordinated preliminary tests, e.g. testing potential material combinations, tightness, flow rates, etc.
- Filling simulations
- Thermal multi-cycle analysis
- FEM calculations
- Component development support right through to component design
- Help with choosing suitable external testing labs
- Support with the selection of applicable ancillary processes, e.g. for surface activation
- Production of prototypes in genuine LSR materials and different colors
- Evaluation of subsequent processing steps and gaining insights into the customer’s overall concepts; integration of functions if required