The two-component membrane was developed for sippa home, a product from iuvas.
sippa home is a vessel that allows people with restricted movement, swallowing disorders (dysphagia) or dementia to drink easily without having to tilt the vessel too far.
Wafer-thin silicone membrane with thermoplastic ring
- The 2K membrane – known as a “sippa pad” – is made from transparent silicone and red thermoplastic, and is part of a sophisticated system.
- The wafer-thin silicone membrane used in the sippa pad stretches when liquid is poured into the cup.
- When the cup is tipped slightly, the silicone membrane contracts and pushes the liquid towards the mouthpiece.
- The small tilt angle makes it easier for people with restricted movement, swallowing disorders (dysphagia) or dementia to drink.
- Find out more about sippa home